At National Drilling Services we use diamond edged blades with our electric floor sawing machines to create clean, fast cuts. As diamond is one of the world’s hardest materials, these diamond edged blades make electric floor sawing through concrete floors and other compacted materials look easy. Our operatives are experienced and skilled in a range of cutting, sawing, drilling and demolition services, which means we can provide a variety of services all in one site visit. However, for more information specifically regarding electric floor sawing keep reading below.
The process we use for electric floor sawing
As mentioned above, our electric floor sawing machines use diamond edged circular blades. These are mounted on a spindle. The spindle is usually powered by an electric motor as you might expect with ‘electric’ floor sawing. Alternatively, we can also use a petrol or diesel powered engine where electric is not available or inappropriate for some reason. Electric power is preferable for internal projects as there are no fumes so it is a safer option for operatives and other site workers. Our experienced operatives control the unit walking behind it as it moves along the surface. Here are the stages of the process for electric floor sawing:
- In preparation for electric floor sawing the area to be cut is marked.
- The surface is cleaned, as it is important to remove any loose debris to keep the surface clear for the blade to cut straight and evenly.
- An electric floor saw is aligned to the floor which is required to be cut.
- The diamond edged blades are then mounted onto the electric floor sawing machines which house the motor and controls.
- As the sawing begins water is used to cool the blade which heats up due to the friction of the cutting process.
Other benefits of using water when electric floor sawing
Although the main reason for using water whilst sawing is to cool the blade, there are also additional benefits to this:
- Water helps to keep the dust down and the cut clean
- Water also helps to make the process environmentally friendly
- By using water to keep the blade cool it also helps to extend the life of the blade
When would you use electric floor sawing?
Electric floor sawing is used on horizontal surfaces such as floors in warehouses or large halls, concrete slabs, pavements and suspended slabs such as car parks.
To find out more about how National Drilling Services can help your site with electric floor sawing call us on 0161 443 2822.