As our name suggests, National Drilling Services is a supplier of all kinds of drilling services as well as cutting, sawing and robotic demolition. Concrete drilling is a regular requirement in the UK construction industry as buildings are adapted, updated, restored and rebuilt. We can offer concrete drilling in the form of diamond core drilling as well as tungsten drilling, depending on what your site plans require for the drilled hole. Drilling through reinforced concrete is something our operators do on a daily basis, so they are ‘well drilled’ on the process as well as all the safety requirements. Let’s look at the different concrete drilling techniques we can offer…
Diamond core concrete drilling
Diamond core drilling is a widely used technique in the UK construction industry for concrete drilling. This process will effectively drill through a wide range of materials including reinforced concrete. There are a number of benefits to using diamond core drilling for your concrete drilling requirements as we can see below:
- It is fast so helps you to keep to your construction schedule
- The holes drilled in concrete are accurate helping you to work exactly to your site plans
- The speed and accuracy of this technique enable you to keep labour costs down
- Diamond core drilling only creates a minimum amount of debris resulting in less clearing up afterwards
- This technique also only causes a minor noise level which is a benefit not only to the operator but all those site employees working in the locality of the concrete drilling
- It also has a low H.A.V.S level which helps to tick the health and safety boxes too
- It can be powered in various ways depending on the environment and power sources available, including electric, hydraulic or air
- Hole diameter can range from 10mm to 1000mm and virtually any depth
Tungsten concrete drilling
Tungsten concrete drilling is a percussive method of drilling and ideal for the installation of dowel bars or resin fixings. This method creates a rough edge which facilitates the resin to adhere to the fixings. Our operatives have a range of drill bits allowing a selection of hole diameters from 12mm to 50mm, which we use on our anti vibration machines.
For more information on the range of our services see our services.
Alternatively, simply give us a call on 0161 443 2822 and chat to one of our team about the concrete drilling requirements for your site. If you prefer you can email us with the details including your plans to email@example.com.