Wire Sawing: Any development sites where there is an existing structure will inevitably require some removal or cutting of reinforced concrete at some point in the construction plan. Wire sawing is the ideal method for cutting into heavily reinforced concrete. The team of operators at National Drilling Services are well trained and experienced in providing wire sawing services.
We keep our equipment for wire sawing ready for use at sites across the UK. At National Drilling Services we are aware that not all construction sites can be accessed during the day so we offer our wire sawing skills around the clock. Our operators can provide cutting, drilling and sawing services at a time to fit with your site restrictions and to work around other site contractors.
Health & Safety for wire sawing
At National Drilling Services we take health and safety very seriously, whether we are drilling, carrying out demolition services or wire sawing. Our operatives all hold current CSCS, CPCS, SSSTS qualifications as well as NVQ and other certificates of achievement in relevant industry skills. One of the advantages of using the wire sawing cutting technique is that it ticks many boxes from a health and safety perspective;
- it is a low dust method of cutting as water is used to keep the wire cool which also helps keep dust to a low level
- there is only a low level of noise so there is less risk to the operator and those working nearby
- wire sawing creates no fumes
- as it is operated remotely there is no percussive action which can cause RSI issues for operators
So wire sawing is a low risk cutting method for the operator but does it ‘cut the mustard’ or perhaps we should say does it cut the concrete?
Why we use wire sawing to cut through concrete
Apart from all the advantages of wire sawing that we have already listed as a benefit to health and safety above, there are other reasons why wire sawing is a great solution for cutting through reinforced concrete;
- it doesn’t matter how deep you need the cut to be, the wire sawing technique can cut to unlimited depths
- wire sawing is the best way of cutting through heavily reinforced concrete as it is not only the fastest method but also the most adaptable
- even with the thickest section of construction material, our operators can use wire sawing to create quick but accurate and clean cuts
- wire sawing leaves a straight, smooth surface with no damage to the remaining structure
- it is ideal for larger structures where track sawing may not be possible.
To find out more about how we can use our wire sawing services and equipment on your site to cut through reinforced concrete or other dense construction materials contact us. Alternatively, just pick up the phone and give us a call on 0161 443 2822.